I love to go hunting for any type of recipe book and when I find older one's, I love to see what is inside. I bought an older Reader's Digest book and couldn't believe what I found! Here are a few GREAT recipes.
Cinnamon Mint Tooth Powder
13 Tbsp Calcium Carbonate
4 Tbsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Salt
25 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
12 Drops Cinnamon Essential Oil
1) Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend.
2) Spoon blended ingredients in a sterile glass jar.
3) To use dip a toothbrush into the powder and lightly moisten. Brush like normal. This recipe is supposed to help with sensitive teeth.
Citrus Antiseptic Mouthwash (Must be over 21 to do this one ;)
3/4 Cup Vodka
30 Drops Lemon Essential Oil
25 Drop Bergamot Essential Oil
1 1/4 Cup distilled water
1) Combine first three ingredients and shake vigorously to combine.
2) Add distilled water and shake until well mixed.
3) Leave mixture for 1 week shaking from time to time.
4) To use, shake bottle and mix 1 part mixture with 3 parts warm mater.
*I love how the book tells you not to swallow ;)
Minty-Fresh Tooth Paste
3 1/3 Ounce Calcium Carbonate
1 1/2 Ounce baking soda
1 Tsp Salt
7 Tbsp Glycerin
3-4 Drops Peppermint Essential Oil
2 Drops Green food coloring (optional)
1) Combine first three ingredients and mix. Then add enough glycerine to make a thick paste.
2) Stir well and add peppermint essential oil drop by drop until a pleasant flavor is reached.
3) Add food coloring if desired.
4) Spoon mixture into a sterile jar that has a lid.
5) Use like normal toothpaste.
This book had so many great recipes for men, and everything from Shampoo to Cold Cream. Then of course there were sections on painting tiles, flowers, and so much more. I have no clue if you can even buy this book anywhere, but I got it for $1 at the local library's book sale. I can't wait to try all the goodies out and I hope that you get outside this summer and find a good treasure hidden at a sale, flea market, or garage sale!
I'll try and post some pictures of some finished products along with my reviews as I make a try the book out!
Have a great day!